Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Decade, New Music!

I haven't blogged on music in a while so I think I'm due up for one. Entering the past year and a half there is no question that the techno house, dance, trance, mixed in with pop and hip-hop has taken off to a popular sound people prefer. Akon, Britney, David Guetta, Lady Gaga, Flo Rida and even Pitbull have emerged with successful songs with a dance feel that topped the charts. I'm not guessing nor assuming but justifying that the start of this decade will produce more of the similar sounds as it is gaining popularity world wide. However, how successful and can everyone that attempts it succeed? NOPE!


I already think Lady Gaga is on top to start out the decade. Besides the rumors of HER being a man, looking past all that she's got the ultimate package: The voice, performance abilities, and music production. I just love her...Lady Gaga will own this year and be a top artist in the decade. Sure her style is different and a bit weird but I like it and so does millions of her fans across this globe. Her comparisons to Beyonce, better yet Madonna, are very justified. Normally you wouldn't dare compare anyone to such high standards, and I don't but Lady Gaga is up there. Now I know some will disagree but you've got to admit to her talent being beyond what a lot of artists try to replicate.


In the Hip-Hop world I see Jay-Z finally putting down the mic but appearing on tracks here and there. I think on the BP3 he finally accepted the new blend of artists that are coming into the game and passing the torch. As for the young new talent I know the first question would be, what about Drake? My opinion is that he has a huge opening to really make his mark in the game this decade. Now I can't lie, I do jam to some of his mainstream stuff but I think he's much better than that. I feel Kanye can have a "bounce back" in his career and set it off right this decade. He's been hiatus since 808s but I'm really looking forward to his music again. Kid Cudi, Wale, and still Lupe all have the doors open for them to make it big in this decade. Also, you can never tell who might come along, as Jigga said, "Everyday a Star is Born".



I'm looking forward to my usual favorites of Lupe Fiasco and Eminem to drop this year, and I know everyone that I listen to in this current time could be done with their careers by the time 2019 comes around. Little by little artists come and go, just the other day I was growing up with boy bands in the 90's now they are a thing of the past. However, as artists change the music is always there, so here is to another decade in hopes of great music and artists!


No comments:

Post a Comment