Sunday, January 3, 2010

Play Brandon Bass Campaign


Yes, it's now a campaign! I may have briefly said why Bass should play in the blog before but here is my full explanation. Some of them are just general observations from watching my beloved Magic and reasons other wonderful Magic fans have come up with hoping to see Bass. First off though, I just want to say the allegations of me being just another gossip blog or twitter kind of made me annoyed. My posts are based on facts and opinions from me but nothing close to TMZ. I expressed my voice, and MANY other Magic fans in a blog...don't down play me for making it happen.

Moving on, I'm not saying Brandon Bass is the solution to all the Magic's problems but it's clear that not only I but many other fans have notice the lack of rebounding and physical toughness from the current Magic rotation. The other main point is the Magic can't always win with four 3-point shooters on the floor. Look, I know Stan has built the offense that way and the Magic have done wonders with it however teams are slowly learning to combat the 4 3-point shooter rotation. When that happens what do you do? My best guess is work around it, but that doesn't mean continue with the same game plan if it's being defeat does it?

I'm not asking that Bass sees 25-40 min. of playing time or even start. He can come off the bench and provide solid minutes with the second unit with some energy. On some nights he can even finish the game out down the stretch depending on match-ups. I do remember Stan himself talking about match-ups being how he decides a rotation, and he's pulled guys in and out before. I'm disappointed and surprised he hasn't turned to Bass yet. Also, did anyone remember one of the Magic's priority last off-season? They wanted to get another big man to "help Dwight"....well I wonder how Bass is helping Dwight right now.

Compare the competition:
Boston has Kevin Garnett along with the physical defense he provides with his team. He doesn't shoot the three ball or hang out around there, instead him and Perkins are more effective from inside the trey. the Lakers have Pau Gasol at the four and he's a scrapper that also shoots the jumper. Hmm...who do the Magic have that matches those stigmas?

Besides Bass?
Dwight Howard has to step up beyond what he is right now. I know he thinks he doesn't have to score to win games but elite centers don't put up 8-13 pts three nights in a row then a random 20 point game in between. They score a solid 20+ points EVERY NIGHT!

Overall it's been proven that the Magic cannot always win 100% with the 4 men 3-pointer line-up. It is slowly combated by other teams who can stick the shooters and contain Dwight. There has to be another option and Bass may come into the picture with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment