Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My 2010 NBA All-Star Roster:


Well before the official reserves are announced tomorrow night on TNT, I figured I'll get my full picks in before it's said and done. Now first off do I agree with Iverson in that Eastern Conference line-up? No, but it is what it is! Now I shall get down to business. Basically I will pick out a roster in my opinion of who deserves an All-Star spot this year. The week OF All-Star I'll post my predictions for each event, as I did that last year.

Eastern Conference
PG-Rajon Rondo
SG-Dwyane Wade
SF-Lebron James
PF-Kevin Garnett
C-Dwight Howard

The difference: Easy, Rajon Rondo is an All-Star. Anyone that follows the NBA knows Iverson's situation and the number of games he's played this season. Compared to Rondo there shouldn't even be one between these two. Give Boston their two All-Star starters.



Reserves:

Derrick Rose-First are foremost on my list because of his recent play. Rose has exploded in the new 2010 year. He's had some excellent games against quality teams of Orlando, Boston, Phoenix, Houston and San Antonio. His jumpshot looks better each game and his energy is carrying that Chicago ball club to a new level.

Joe Johnson-Due to the success of the Hawks he's definitely the prime time player on that team that would get votes from the coaches and me. Always a quite star player he's been there plently of times in All-Star discussion.

Chris Bosh-An obvious selection...when Garnett is out of the picture he'll be taking the starting role for sure. (If he remains in the East after this summer that is).

Gerald Wallace-He's definitely having an All-Star year. Averaging a double-double and leading the Bobcats into a solid playoff position along side new comer Stephan Jackson he has rightfully earned his spot.

David Lee-This was very tough because Al Horford can be picked for this spot. I'm a believer that he's got game and not just putting up stats on a bad team. I can see Horford grabbing this spot due to the Hawks success, but I hope not as Lee is deserving.

Paul Pierce-Due to the lack of talent at this spot out East, he's probably a sure lock again for another All-Star.

Stephan Jackson-Call me crazy but I think Capt. Jack has earned his spot on the East's squad. He's faced a lot of adversity leaving Golden State. Taking that negative and help turning the Bobcats into a sub-par team that can compete against any team in the league has earned him some love from me.

Also considered: Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, Ray Allen, Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut.

Western Conference:
PG-Steve Nash
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Amare Stoudamire

The difference-NONE! I'm pretty happy with how the voting turned out for the West. There might be a minor argument for the PG spot with talent rich in the West at the position, but it's fine with me.



Reserves
Deron Williams-Obvious selection here, having a great year as expected.

Chris Paul-Can't leave him out although his team can do better. He's my favorite and top PG in the league.

Dirk Nowitzki-Obvious selection here too. The Mavs are overachieving and he is probably the front running reason. Not to mention...he is the home town All-Star!

Kevin Durant-The Thunder look new and improved as well as Durant for those who didn't know him before. He's been one of the best looking scorers in the league right now and doing this while so young! Give him his All-Star ticket now!

Pau Gasol-A huge key to the Lakers success every night. When Kobe struggles, it's Gasol picking up some of the energy in the offense leading them to victory.

Zach Randolph-A bold pick, but for a reason as the Memphis Grizzlies are taking a new turn into the push for a playoff berth. A huge part is because of Randolph's play with his new teammates.

Brandon Roy-Fighting with the injury bug a bit lately, but he's been spectacular when healthy. The Blazers have found ways to win without him but they miss him as well. Another superstar in the making here, book him to Dallas please.

Also considered: Monta Ellis, Tyreke Evans, Chauncey Billups, Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer, and Chris Kaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment