Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kanye's Stunt and the Upcoming NBA Season!




Ok so this is a pretty big 'hot topic' that is even receiving comments from our very own President Obama. My views are solely based on the fact that MTV is crap, not Taylor Swift or Kanye West.

I really have no interest in any award show that MTV puts out there really. I mean did you see how some of these people come in dressed? I agree that artists and celebs should at least have an informal fun type of award show here and there but recently MTV has become worthless. That is just my feel on them.

So with that said I feel like Kanye WAS wrong for what he did but at the end of the day, the VMAs and controversy from past shows simply made this little incident another one for the books. It was overblown and a one day thing that probably didn't need to reach the President's office.

When it's all said and done: Taylor Swift is rich and has fans, Kanye West...the SAME! Do I feel for both of them? Not really but Ye is still one of my favorite artists.

NBA 40 DAYS AWAY! (From Sept. 17th, 2009)

Well last season was hella exciting for me. My Orlando Magic went through the whole Eastern Conference to only LOSE in the Finals :(

I'm counting down the days slowly, but I do have some predictions I'll share on this blog and see how I do later...so here we go:

1. Washington Wizards will be the 4th best team out East. I think they are serious this year and long over due. Especially with Arenas, Jamison, and Butler finally healthy once again they'll be hungry enough to lead this team. Their supporting cast is pretty decent and Coach Flip Saunders should be a big key to improving them this season.

2. REVISED: Since Tracy McGrady is expected to be 100% healthy by the Preseason start, the Rockets will make the playoffs but hold on to the 8th seed. All of the teams that made the playoffs in the West will make it again this year with different positions on the seeding.

3. Blake Griffin wins Rookie of the Year. Obvious, but I think he's got this one locked up pending injury. I saw his footwork, shooting touch and overall game and I was impressed. I don't think any rookie will come close to the numbers he puts up.

4. The race in the East from 5th seed and beyond is going to be a bit tough. The Raptors and Wizards will make the playoffs which means two teams from last year won't. I'm going with Detroit and Miami not making the playoffs. Detroit may struggle with a thin frontline and Miami will be the odd one left as Toronto takes their spot.

5. Trade deadline blockbuster: Amare Stoutamire is out if he doesn't produce like the Suns want him to.

That's all I have for now but as the season draws closer I will have more to discuss about the 2009-2010 NBA season. Again I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment