Monday, February 9, 2009

Post-Grammy Thoughts

I didn't really watch all of the Grammy awards last night, I was mostly interested in seeing the "Swagga Like Us" performance (which maybe the only one for who knows how long). I thought it was decent enough and M.I.A. (pictured above) doing it pregnant was enough but her dress...wow, she even messed up on the lyrics as it switched into "Swagga Like Us" but no worries played off well.

I'm really a hip-hop listener more than anything so I won't get into every single Grammy award handed out. Lil Wayne can finally stop complaining about being left off the Grammy list because he finally has one (or a few). "Lollipop" however was a horrible song to win "Best Rap Song"

For "Best Rap Album", I disagree again. T.I.'s "Paper Trail" was way better than "Tha Carter III" and again the Lil Wayne hype is ridiculous. Lupe Fiasco, a personal favorite of mine, has a great album in "The Cool" as well. Overall I guess the rap game was weak this year and Nas' "Untitled" gets an honorable mention up in here as well, I enjoyed that CD.

I was glad to see Alicia Keys get another one, but when will she marry me :D

Katy Perry's performance was like watching a Fruit-Rollups commercial...

T.I. and JT's performance was good, Lil Wayne's was ok, nice New Orleans blend

So until next year...The Grammy awards are out!

No comments:

Post a Comment