Thursday, February 12, 2009

NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions

Its a weekend that all NBA fans mark their calenders for and one weekend that the celebs party with the NBA...All-Star Weekend! This weekend (February 13-15) will be the 58th All-Star game in NBA history. Hosted in Phoenix this year with a stud line-up from each NBA Conference, I'm excited and ready for a few reasons. First off the Magic have three All-Stars in Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson. Now of course its a bummer that Nelson won't be able to participate in the game itself or the Skills Challenge, he still gets his credit! Also Dwight will be participating in all three days as he coaches the Spohomores on Friday night, takes flight in the Slam Dunk Contest Saturday night and the Sunday night game. Rashard Lewis will be featured in the 3 point Contest. This is the first All-Star in a few years where more than Magic player has been featured in more than just the game, so I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible.

Anyways, I will get to the blog title and show off my predictions/who I'll be rooting for this weekend.

Friday Night:
Celeb Game: Terrell Owens' Team!


Rookie-Spohomore Game: Going with this guy's squad the Sophomores!
Saturday Night:

H.O.R.S.E.: Joe Johnson

Shooting Skills Challenge: Team San Antonio (maybe Team SA can finally repeat at something)

Skills Challenge: Devin Harris

Three-Point Contest: Homer but, my boy Rashard Lewis!

Slam Dunk Contest: DWIGHT "SUPERMAN" HOWARD!
Sunday Night's 58th NBA All-Star Game: EASTERN CONFERENCE!


All-Star MVP: Dwayne Wade or maybe Lebron

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha:
    "maybe Team SA can finally repeat at something."

    I got my boy Rose in the Skills (I hope). Actually I think it will be Harris or TP. I think Calderon would win it. Dunk contest: either Dwight or J.R.

    All-Star MVP-- [if East wins] Dwight Howard. [if West] probably Kobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man what a bummer for Orlando, I can't believe Dwight literally gave Nate the title smh....

    ReplyDelete