Monday, November 23, 2009

NBA: Week 4

With the season a good four weeks in there are definitely a few surprises that myself did not expect. The Bucks are sitting at 8-3 and the Hawks are tied with Orlando in the East right now. The Suns are certainly putting me to shame right now, but of course I'm glad to see things can work out for them in the aftermath of the past year and a half. My disappointments have to go with the Spurs, Wizards and 76ers. At this point I expected all of these three teams to be better off than they are right now.



Off the Fly:
Atlanta Hawks: I didn't think they'd get off this hot of a start again but nonetheless you have to give them some credit. They beat Portland, Boston, Miami and Houston while taking their only loss of the week to the Hornets. I don't think they'll stick around the top spot for long as Orlando is right there with them but they do have a fairly easy schedule until the end of December where they face Cleveland on a home stand.



Milwaukee Bucks: Well they haven't slipped up yet. Taking a loss to the Mavs by a Dirk jumper in overtime is impressed for this team alone. At this point I might have to purchase a ticket to catch them here in Orlando. They have a nice blend of European players including Ersan Ilyasova who I'm impressed with. He can shoot the ball very well but played some excellent defense on Dirk in their loss.




New Orleans Hornets: They won two big games without Chris Paul, defeating two of the NBA's hottest teams, Phoenix and Atlanta. Last night they lost on a Haslem jumper but nonetheless doing better than expected without Paul and the coaching change.


Slackers of the Week:
Memphis and Allen Iverson: Oh the drama...if Iverson wants a ring good luck to him, but I do think one of these contending GM's are dare devilish enough to take a risk of him. Who do I have in mind? Well maybe Cleveland. I know it sounds a bit out there however with no promise that Delonte West is going to be 100% back and Mo Williams incapable of being a go to guy, Iverson could be AN ANSWER! Next to Lebron and Shaq he could help the offense and Mike Brown is dumb enough to start him right off the bat.

OKC Thunder: I was pretty high on them until now, maybe they are finally coming back to to earth? A few bad losses this week has them back at .500. They couldn't give Orlando or the Lakers competition.

San Antonio Spurs: I have the Spurs as a top 5 team and top 3 out West. However recently they are disappointing me. I do hope the get things together, of course it's a big issue when you can't see this team fully healthy. Duncan is still producing and Blair is a nice fit along side him. Have no fear though, if you see this team get a hold of the handles in the second half of the
season.



Last Thoughts:
-Following up the two games I wanted to see last week proved to be some thrillers. Washington got a big against the Cavaliers after being down double digits and ended up winning by double digits! My Magic defeated Boston in a well played defensive battle by both teams.



-The Thanksgiving special starts off with the Magic @ Hawks, the Hawks will be sitting on four days of rest while the Magic play them on the back end of a back to back. For the most part I believe the Magic have a huge advantage over this Hawks team. I wouldn't disapprove of a good game though.

-Things change fast but I'm not sure if the Thunder can make the playoffs with New Orleans looking a bit better than they have.

-Dwight....Noah still leads the league in rebounding.



Play of the Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment