Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lil Wayne-No Ceilings Mixtape



First off, if you didn't know I'm not much of a Lil Wayne fan. There is very little of Lil Wayne that I can tolerate though. I liked Weezy before Tha Carter III session and remember how good of a CD Tha Carter II was. One of my favorite mixtapes ever is the Drought 3. I remember my home boys and I spun that mixtape like hell! We knew almost every song and verse and that's really what helped everyone jump on Weezy for Tha Carter III. So basically I liked Wayne's sound from the Drought 3, anything that he dropped that sounded similar I couldn't hate on. The whole auto-tune and singing like he's about to pass out really turned me away from him.

Moving on as most of you know he dropped a mixtape called "No Ceilings", it leaked a few days before the October 31st release. So basically I've been banging this mixtape lately and most of it was similar to his Drought 3 sound.

My favorite tracks:
Swag Surfin'
Ice Cream Paint Job
Wasted (DOPEST track on the Mixtape IMO)
Watch My Shoes
I Think I Love Her (Shanell killed it!)
I'm Good
Banned From T.V.
Run This Town

The rest are decent but I most likely skipped over them when listening to the CD. I'm still not that much into him as the best or even top 10, but I can't deny that I won't listen to this sound of Wayne if he continues. The word on the street is both Rebirth and Tha Carter IV will drop before 2009 is over. I'm not believing that until it happens though, Wayne has been known to push back continuously.

No comments:

Post a Comment